Monday, January 18, 2010

Spdif Cable Broken Coax Spdif Cable?

Broken Coax Spdif cable? - spdif cable

I have a coaxial SPDIF cable monster. I fell on him and broke the cable end. Who knows how I can replace the plug.
I read the specifications of the coaxial SPDIF, I note that the terminator is performed on the connector. So any advice would be very kind
I do not want to buy a new one, is 6 meters of cable, and there is nothing wrong. I am very comfortable with soldering, so I am my DYI cable no problem.
Links would be helpful.

1 comment:

  1. Ideally, you use the port that fits Canare Coaxial (Link 1). But it is a connector to solder (crimp-FIT), where you can borrow, buy or die ($ 85 for rent of the forceps) more difficult to improvise.

    Something similar to the type of weld-Link 2 is available locally. They are a little different, then follow the instructions to the port.

    3 link is an article about the installation of connectors. But basically, you have to reduce the dielectric, so that the driver, a center at the tip of the RCA Crimp and Solder open / Solder the shield to the outside connection. Make sure the shield and center conductor is not affected.

    ReplyDelete